Ryan99 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New AC cord for inside and has orange light and won't turn on

Up pavilion

I just bought a new AC cord for the inside of laptop. I connect all components and plugged it in. It has an orange light with the battery in and a white light with no battery and it won't turn on. I have tried to hold power button with nothing plugged in and reconnected very thing and still nothing.

The light just went to solid white from solid orange after sitting for 20 min and still won't turn on?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3338 3334 311 327
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New AC cord for inside and has orange light and won't turn on

@Ryan99

Greetings and Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Don't worry, I'm here to help! To better assist you - What's the exact model name of the computer? Refer to this link for steps to find the product details. (Ensure not to share the serial number, email, phone number, etc.)

If the light is on, then the AC adapter is functioning properly.

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 Hard Reset -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected. 
3) Remove the Battery. 
Note - This step might not be applicable if you have a desktop or a computer that has a built-in battery.
4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds. 
5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer. 
6) Try to turn on the computer. 

Step 2 BIOS Restore -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Hold down the Windows and B button together while the computer is still turned off. 
3) Turn on the computer and continue to hold the Windows and B button until a BIOS Recovery screen appears. 
4) Follow on-screen instructions and click on OK.

If the issue still persists, you may also refer to this document - HP PCs - No Power or No Boot Troubleshooting

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead :)

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation