Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: HP 15 Laptop cs2xx(44?)
Ubuntu LTS

Hello,

I have a HP 15 Laptop cs2xx(44?) I think.  About a month ago after a fresh install of MX linux my screen distorted and froze then returned to normal.   It did it again one time the next day.  After that I noticed my battery was not charging.  At first I thought it was the adaptor because it had been dropped.  I noticed that there is an orange light that comes on for about 3-5 secounds then goes off when the computer has a battery installed.  Occasionaly I can put the battery in, plug in the ac adaptor and the orange light by the ac adaptor will stay lit but even after 10 minutes I am still not able to turn the laptop on.  I can turn the laptop on if I remove the battery then plug in the ac adaptor and hit the power button.  I tested the adaptor  and it is slightly more than 19 Volts.  I tried two new batteries and each time I would put the battery in for the first time, and because it came with a small charge on it,  the laptop would power on.  I would plug in the ac adaptor and even though I would have a white light at the connection port for the adaptor the computer would not recognize it being plugged in and would not charge the battery.  I did put a new CR2032 cmos battery in after trying two new batteries on the back of the computer.  My next step is to open the laptop with my multimeter and start testing different components on the mother board for function but I dont know where to beggin.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.