Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
I have installed a new compatible battery and ac adapter. Have tried multiple solutions I see but none work. Battery will not charge even though plugged in
Windows 10 64bit
HP Pavilion DV6
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.
2. Expand batteries.
3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.
4. Shut down the computer.
5. Disconnect the charger.
6. Remove the battery. (only for removable battery)
7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
8. Insert the battery only. (only for removable battery)
9. Attempt to turn the battery on.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
ECHO_LAKE I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community