Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (232 Views)

New Battery for Pavilion dv6-6160ev

Product Name: Pavilion dv6-6160ev
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am looking to replace my existing laptop battery on my HP Pavilion dv6-6160ev.  The battery is HSTNN-UBOY 11.1v 5225mAh. I would like to find out more information for where can i buy it and the proper model.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (223 Views)

Re: New Battery for Pavilion dv6-6160ev

[ Edited ]

The simplest solution is to use the internet an Google.

Perform a search with the notebook's Product name as you have given it and battery.  See my example in the link at the bottom of this reply.

Find a vendor online who guarantees the compatibility with your notebook and one year warranty. 

It is as simple as that.

The following link goes to a search I performed in my region of the world. Do the same in yours. Shop smart and find the best price and delivery option for you.

https://www.google.nl/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Pavilion+dv6-6160ev+batt...

If any of my posts help you, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple Thumbs up + icon .

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (210 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your quick response .In fact ,I ve already search the web but I did not found what I am looking for .I am looking for an  capable battery with more  capacity  than the custom battery that came with the laptop. For example with capacity 7800mAh.  Can you please tell me if this is suitable for my hp laptop model? and if so can you please provide me details for the product?

Thank you.

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (205 Views)

You are not likely to find one with quite that much capacity. 

Yours is an older model notebook. 

I have advised you of the method you should use to find a battery.  That is about all I can do for you. YOu can contact HP if you like or look at the online HP web shop if ytour preference is to purchase an HP battery. The choice is yours. 

Search and see what is available and guaranteed compatible with your notebook that comes a one year warranty.

If any of my posts help you, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple Thumbs up + icon .

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation