cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

New Hdd or Ssd compatible for Hp Pavilion 15 n225tu

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook pc n225tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The service manual states that this model supports 24gb msata ssd.. Does it mean that a WD Green 240gb ssd would be incompatible with it  ?

I am confused between a WD green 240gb Ssd or WD Blue 500gb hdd as both cost around the same. 

I can certainly work with 240gb space. But which one would be better in terms of lifetime ?

(Assuming 240gb ssd 6gb/s sata interface  is compatible with my laptop/motherboard and it would actually give a performance boost on my 5yrs old laptop)

Links for both:

https://www.wd.com/products/internal-storage/wd-blue-mobile.html

https://www.wd.com/products/internal-ssd/wd-green-ssd.html

Please reply at your earliest convenience. 

Thanks 😄

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,456 41,703 4,563 12,056
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The WD Green 240 GB may be incompatible with your notebook because of the SLC memory type that it has.

Your notebook is compatible with 6.35-cm/(2.5-in) hard drives in 9.5-mm (.37-in) and 7.0-mm/(.28-in)

thicknesses (all hard drives use the same bracket. 6gb/s sata interface (mSATA) and 3D-Nand (TLC)

Yes. An SSD disk will give a tremendous boost in performance to your notebook.

Examples of compatible SSD products are at the link below this line.

https://tweakers.net/categorie/674/solid-state-drives/producten/#filter:q1YqKMpMTvXNzFOyMtBRKi5ITXbL...

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate. the Product number
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The results at the link you mentioned also include the WD Green ssd..

So should I go for it or due to the fact that its not sure that it will be compatible, so I go for the WD blue hdd ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,456 41,703 4,563 12,056
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I suggest the WD Blue hdd.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate. the Product number
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation