Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everyone,

I bought a new PC from HP. I just read the operating hours when I started it for the first time. The SSD (system) has an operating time of 2 hours and was switched on almost 13 times. The data hard drive (HDD) has an operating time of 5 hours and has been switched on almost 15 times.

1. I am now wondering at this point whether the HDD has already been used or why is there a difference?

2. Why has the SSD been switched on more often and has fewer operating hours than
the HDD?

3. if functional tests are carried out, how exactly is this done? I had to create a new account on power up and the install date was the date of the first power on and account creation. In what context do these tests take place?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@IT-T0bi 

Welcome to the HP support community.

Provide the HP model number or the product number of your device for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number or model number:- Click here

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.