26 25 2 4
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Pavilion x360 convertible laptop extremely noisy

Pavilion x360 13t convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

This is a new laptop that I got for my college daughter this past Christmas and it has a very noisy fan. My dauhgter loves the laptop and takes it to all her classes, but the fan gets so noisy at times that she has been asked by other sutdents and the teacher to shut ther computer down becuase of the extreme noise that it makes. In full disclosure I am an HP employee and want to support the company products and expect high quality products, but she and I are very disapointed with this issue with a new HP product.

Also another problem that I encountered is that when I went to the HP support site to try to get help, the site does not recognize either the S/N or Prod. Number of the laptop and therefore not able to get support or warrenty status.

My dauther did not wnat to hurt my feelings and wanted to return the laptop, but I hope HP can fix this form me.

THanks,

HP Employee.
8 REPLIES 8
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1,178 1,151 69 144
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What are the things youve tried so far to fix the problem?

Regards

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
26 25 2 4
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had her buy a can of air and blow into the vents on the sides and bottom of the laptop. It has not helped since this is a barely new laptop and there was no dirt or dust bunny accumulation. 

Thanks,

HP Employee.
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1,178 1,151 69 144
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well if bustung can of air did not fix the problem then the dilemma is the software drivers installed in your computer.

Go to this link and follow the instructions there to update the BIOS

http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c00042629

Let me know of the progress

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
26 25 2 4
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have upgraded the BIOS as suggested by previous post and still the fan makes a incredible racket.

How do I contact support to get a replacement laptop that does not have this issue?

Thanks,

Antonio Tijerino

HP Employee.
0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
26 25 2 4
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried to go into the HP support website to get support and the S/N and Prod. Number are not recognized by the support website.

Is the a number to call?

Thanks,

Antonio Tijerino

HP Employee.
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1,178 1,151 69 144
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@psycler wrote:

I have tried to go into the HP support website to get support and the S/N and Prod. Number are not recognized by the support website.

Is the a number to call?

Thanks,

Antonio Tijerino

Hi,

Heres HP's support number. 1800 474 6836.

Your an HP Employee right? how come you dont have our number?

Regards

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
26 25 2 4
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I apprecite your help. I tried to call the number listed and they were not able to help me because the SRL umber and the Prod Number were not correct. Those are the numbers listed both on the box and on the back of the laptop sticker.

I tried checking on the HP website to verify warranty and the site does not have record of the Srl umber or the Prod. Number.

What is my recouse from here?

It looks like I am stuck.

Was this a counterfiet HP prouct or mislabeled at the factory?

Do you ahve any contacts at the PC organizatiosn that I can get support or help on this?

Thanks,

Antonio Tijerino

HP Employee.
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1,178 1,151 69 144
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@psycler wrote:

I apprecite your help. I tried to call the number listed and they were not able to help me because the SRL umber and the Prod Number were not correct. Those are the numbers listed both on the box and on the back of the laptop sticker.

I tried checking on the HP website to verify warranty and the site does not have record of the Srl umber or the Prod. Number.

What is my recouse from here?

It looks like I am stuck.

Was this a counterfiet HP prouct or mislabeled at the factory?

Do you ahve any contacts at the PC organizatiosn that I can get support or help on this?

Thanks,

Antonio Tijerino

Hi,

Can you post the Product number here? Just the product number.

Regards

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation