cancel
xxxy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Spectre 13" x360 got a "flaky" charging / USB port?

Spectre x365
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought the new (KabyLake) Spectre 13" x360 and I like the machine in most ways but I wonder if I have received a unit with unusually "flaky" charging / USB ports or if this model in general is built like this?

When charging one has to really "push" USB  C contact into the port in order for it to start (the LED to light up) and if I just move the machine or the charger slightly about it stops charging.

At work I have an Elite X2 that also has USB C charging port but it is much more "solid" in its operation and is not experiencing this problem...

So any experiences - is this an issu with the model or with my machine only?

1 REPLY 1
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
803 779 66 160
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Spectre 13" x360 got a "flaky" charging / USB port?

If you are experiencing this with the supplied Charging cable, then this may be a hardware issue.

I suggest you to ring hp support of your region and get the PC looked at or perhapa taken in for service.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation