02-24-2017 01:41 PM
I'm really enjoying my new Spectre - a great combination of features and price...
...EXCEPT for the touchpad. The Synaptics pad has lots of options but is unreliable with multi-finger gestures and is missing basic features like two-finger scrolling not working in VMWare sessions (a long-time Synaptics-specific problem that they refuse to fix).
Do we know why HP decided to go this route rather than with the far superior Microsoft Precision Touchpad that most other premium laptops use? I had a Samsung Notebook 9 Pro with the MS Precision pad and it worked flawlessly. Is the hardware capable of using Precision drivers? I've spent way too much time fooling with settings and even installing a third-party app to make this pad work like it should.
02-25-2017 03:02 PM - edited 02-25-2017 03:42 PM
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! Good day! 🙂 I reviewed the post about touchpad issues which is missing basic features like two-finger scrolling It will be a delight to assist you here. 🙂
Superb effort, brilliant troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂
To assist you better I would require more information regarding this.
- Have you updated the touchpad drivers?
- Have you also updated the latest version of the Synaptics software?
- Please let me know the complete model# of the unit.
For now please try relevant steps in from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04648748 and check if this resolves the issue.
If it does not, please try these steps:
Enabling two finger scrolling without using third party tool.
- Step 1: Start the procedure by updating your Synaptics driver to the latest version. If the Synaptics touchpad driver isn’t installed, please visit this page, download the driver (it’s around 110 MB) and install it. You might be asked to restart your PC to complete the driver installation.
- Step 2: Once installed, switch to the Start screen, type Change Mouse Settings, change the Search filter to Settings (see the below picture) to see the Mouse settings entry in search result, and then press enter key to open Mouse Properties dialog.
- Step 3: Here, switch to the Device Settings tab. Please note that Device Settings tab appears only if the touchpad driver is installed on your PC.
- Step 4: Under Devices, select Synaptics TouchPad and then click Settings to open Properties for Synaptics TouchPad.
- Step 5: On the left side, expand MultiFinger Gestures, check Two-Finger Scrolling option and then click Apply button. That’s it!
- NOTE: To change the default behavior of two-finger scrolling, select Two-Finger Scrolling option and then click the Settings icon next to it.
Hope this helps. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you always. 🙂
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
02-27-2017 09:20 AM
Thanks for your reply. The problem is not that scrolling doesn't work in Windows, but in VMWare virtual sessions. Again, this is a longstanding Synaptic-specific problem with much discussion on the Internet. It works fine with other trackpad manufacturers.
Maybe HP has clout with Synaptics on addressing it?
Otherwise, I really am enjoying the laptop.
02-28-2017 07:42 AM
As you mentioned you want two finger scrolling in VMware sessions.
VMware workstation uses generic drivers installed on the guest operating system. You cannot use the complete functionality of two finger scrolling unless you use VMware's Unity mode (Player > Unity).
Also, you can try updating the touchpad driver from Synaptics website directly and check if it helps.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂
I am an HP Employee