Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 16 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 16-f1000 IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a new Spectre x360 16 F1000 and need to upgrade the SSD or add a second SSD (I need more than 2TB).

I have reviewed the Service Manual (which is only available for the F0000, not F1000), specs available online, etc. and have not found answer these questions.  Any help would be appreciated.

1)  Is there only one, or are there two, SSD slots (yes I know I could open it, but I don't want to open it more often than needed)?

2)  Can the laptop accommodate a 2-sided SSD (is there room)?

3)  Is there any limit to the storage size of the SSD that the laptop can accommodate (i.e. 2TB vs 4TB)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is a single M.2 slot for storage. See page 37 of the Manual here. You can see the M.2 SSD depicted just above the right side of the battery.

Manual 

A 2-sided M.2 SSD will fit but I prefer single sided. The issue is heat management. Better to use a single sided module with a heatsink. But not an absolute necessity. 2-sided will fit as I said. 

No limit as to the capacity of the M.2 SSD. HP offers it with up to a 2 TB. 4 TB NVME M.2 is a bit of a rare item but you can find them if you look hard enough and it would work. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There is a single M.2 slot for storage. See page 37 of the Manual here. You can see the M.2 SSD depicted just above the right side of the battery.

Manual 

A 2-sided M.2 SSD will fit but I prefer single sided. The issue is heat management. Better to use a single sided module with a heatsink. But not an absolute necessity. 2-sided will fit as I said. 

No limit as to the capacity of the M.2 SSD. HP offers it with up to a 2 TB. 4 TB NVME M.2 is a bit of a rare item but you can find them if you look hard enough and it would work. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.