Did you mean: 
pagero Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 11 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Spectre x360 Digitizer Pen Support?

NO support for an active pen on this.  I bought the laptop Spectre x360 2016 model in Dec'16 lured by false ads and promos showing users using pen on this laptop.  

I bought HP active pen as suggested by HP support  to use on this, but the pen is not even recognized by the laptop. Later after spending hrs on phone another HP sales person confirmed that this laptop does not support active pen and the models before year 2016 of same laptop supported but not this. 

I am very frustrated becuase it was so hard to find correct compatibility and regret not choosing Ipad pro for my notetaking usecase. 

there is STILL no true 2 in 1 computer..!!

I have finally settled for a cheap disc based passive stylus to use on this latop.. It is slightly better then using your finger but is aweful for notetaking and whiteboarding, brainstorming etc. 

0 Kudos
ChesterWW Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was told that this machine would have stylus support coming soon, can anyone verify this?

Agent (Matthew): "This model does not yet as it is the brand new 7th Gen Intel processor. We are coming out with a new pen here soon. I do not have the release date but I have been told it is coming out soon so it will work with the brand new processor."

0 Kudos
Chich88 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 13 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello MrRobot,

I just bought a refurbished Spectre x360 13-W00 

Can you please confirm if it supports N-trig pen, cause as I understood the W series was the first series released of this model and does not support stylus.

Thank you

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation