44 28 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New battery discharge in 2 hours.

Pavilion ak112nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

i bought a notebook hp pavilion ak112nl one week ago and I noticed that the battery runs out in 2 hours. I also noticed that windows do not properly shows the remaining time .

How is it possible if your computer is new ?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 184 359
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome @Ibernato, 

When you are using the AC adapter with the HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak112nl, please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet.

Computer battery life varies, depending on power management settings, programs running on the computer, screen brightness, external devices connected to the computer, and other factors (even when it is a new purchase).

What do you have connected to the Notebook?

Have you tried to turn down the brightness?

Have you tried putting the Notebook on a power saver mode?

To learn more about how to Improve Battery Performance, please follow the document provided in the hyperlink. 

If your notebook computer battery does not Hold a Charge, you can try to troubleshoot the battery to see if it needs to be replaced. Sometimes, all it is is that the battery could need to be recalibrated. There is a document called Testing and Calibrating the Battery. You can use the steps in this document to find out the condition of the battery you currently have and see if it has any suggestions.

Doing updates using the HP Support Assistant has been the solution for others. You can use this link to download and run the application. This application is also great because you can use the HP Battery Check tool also. 

When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as an Accepted Solution. If you would like to show you appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below. 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with detailed results of the troubleshooting and any other information you think may help me to assist you better. 

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
Level 3
44 28 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer. I charge my with AC adapter connected to a multiple jack and not directly into a wall.

Now i try this.

I'll keep you up-to-date.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
25 22 0 8
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ibernato wrote:

Thanks for your answer. I charge my with AC adapter connected to a multiple jack and not directly into a wall.

Now i try this.

I'll keep you up-to-date.

Hello.

I wonder if you had any improvement, since i normally use a multiple jack too. Please let me know, thanks.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation