Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Stream 11-r014wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HBG4e, no bootable device-insert boot disk and press any key

I have held the esc key and then hit F11 with this error.  Noteboook will not boot.

Help! PPPPLLLLEEEEEASE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Not in this case. These little "laptops" are constructed more like cell phones. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

The eMMC module is soldered to the motherboard. Try some of the other F2 tests and see if they all flash by like that. I am thinking the module is toast and the test opens and closes immediately because the eMMC is fried. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hard drive trouble more than likely. Tap esc as you power up then F2 to get diagnostics....test the hard drive. 

HP Recommended

Im sorry but I had ran that previous and the test, both quick and extened display the results so fast that i cant make out what it says.   I opened up the case and there isnt a 'hard drive' in what i know to be the normal hard drive.  How would I replace or can u? Thank you for your help by the way.

HP Recommended

The "hard drive" is an eMMC module, a little bit of flash storage but the "storage" test should still test it. 

HP Recommended

Is  there anyway to pause the test results or does the test indicate something in particular  if it gets done superfast?

Also if it is the 'hard drive' can it be easily replaced?

HP Recommended

Not in this case. These little "laptops" are constructed more like cell phones. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

The eMMC module is soldered to the motherboard. Try some of the other F2 tests and see if they all flash by like that. I am thinking the module is toast and the test opens and closes immediately because the eMMC is fried. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.