Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TS 14 Sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For some reason notebook does not detect my battery neither does it charge, keep showing 0%. Tried brand new battery but same result it, does not detect. Laptop works well on AC adapter. 

Tried lot of solutions like removing driver and then turn off and turn on steps etc nothing worked.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ASD3

Since you have already tried with another battery, this rules out battery issues

Try updating the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers and check if that helps if you have already reinstalled the Battery controllers in Device Manager

If the issue persists please contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

'We were unable to find drivers for your product.' when i try to go to link you provided. Tried manual selection of OS but it does not have option to select  Windows 10 Home 64 bits.

Actually i did try to download and install BIOS version manually, here is my current BIOS version:

C:\Users\owner1>wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion SMBIOSBIOSVersion
F.0B

One more thing: i get following message when I try to restart my laptop (for both old and new battery):

HP Battery Alert

The system has detected the storage capacity of the battery stated below to be very low. For optimal performance it may need  to be replaced.

Primary (Internal) battery (601)

My Laptop Model: 

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-f040ca Sleekbook

HP Recommended

@ASD3

This seems to be an issue with the Battery but since you have already replaced the Battery, it could be an issue with the battery controllers.

I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.