1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Bluetooth at all after windows 10 upgrade

HDX 16-1375DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help,

No bluetooth of any kind after upgrading from 7?

How can I install the proper driver/software?

Thanks

D

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
46179 40441 4376 11210
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you identify the bluetooth and wifi adapter module by its nam and model or PCI\VEN character string we wil try to help you find a driver.

An HDX model is well back in generations from tcurrent models, so promises certainly cannot be made.

If we can't find a driver, then you can purchase a Windows 10 compliant usb bluetooth dongle to replace the installed adapter.

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
103328 93880 14423 22170
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

That model uses the separate HP bluetooth module.

If you had it turned off via the wireless assistant or the HP connection manager software when you did the upgrade to Windows 10, you will have to revert to W7, turn the bluetooth radio on with either software program, uninstall the wireless assistant or connection manager software, restart the PC, verify the bluetooth is still turned on, and then you can go back to W10.

Neither program will work on W10.

Surprisingly enough, that old bluetooth device will work on W10, and the drivers will be automatically installed, as I have the same HP bluetooth module in 3 of my HP business notebooks and it shows up just fine in W10.

I tested it out, and was able to pair to my Windows Phone and transfer files.  That's all I tested it out for though.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation