Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I took my laptop apart earlier to remove the battery and hard drive.

However on opening I can’t find the hard drive. There is a large space where I expect it’s meant to be but it’s empty.

Is there any chance the hard drive is under the motherboard? My laptop has worked fine for a number of years so I don’t see how it’s been running that whole time without a hard drive.

Attached  is a photo showing what I mean. 
The larger space is where the battery goes which I have removed but the space next to it was empty on opening. This is were I expected the hard drive to be. 

The larger space is where I have removed the battery, but the smaller space next to it had nothing in it on opening . This is where I expected the hard drive to be.The larger space is where I have removed the battery, but the smaller space next to it had nothing in it on opening . This is where I expected the hard drive to be.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@computer-20_20 

Some x360 models have hard drives; others have only SSDs.  We need to know the specific model number of your laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Great thank you. 

My model number 14-ba094sa

HP Recommended

@computer-20_20 

OK, thanks -- here's the HP product page for your PC: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05536232

You see that it does not have a hard drive; instead, it has a 128 GB SSD -- which is why the hard drive space is empty.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.