Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 17-u275cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to buy an M.2 drive for my new laptop.  I seen in THE MANUAL that it supports NGFF SATA Drive of TLC, but even doubt that TLC has anything to do with the compatibility?  Beware people, don't buy HP anymore, I won't.  I guess all they care about is Business Models, I don't know? 

I'm not in the position to be buying extra parts right now, or any parts really, but wanted to do so to learn more about this newish technology in the industry.  So I wasted 50.00 on the drive and countless hours trying to figure out if it would indeed work in the laptop.

I advise many people in the industry as to what computer to buy, so this doesn't look good for HP.  I already don't advise people buy HP anymore, so this just strengthens that!  For Printers we go with Brother.  Laptops and AIO's we go with Dell and Lenovo.  You want to get me back in the loop with you HP, make up for misdirecting me, I'm sick in tired of all this misdirection and misinformation.  The manual should tell us all we need to know, and if not, why publish misinformation?

pg 23 Heading #21 "System Board", of course shows there are different boards, some that support ssd and some don't.  But on page 10 of the manual it clearly shows that the laptop does support M.2 NGFF SATA TLC!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@pcpunk

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The support by HP for this issue has been worthless as usual.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.