cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

No power, only 20 seconds of battery charge, blinking power and caps lock

HP Recommended
Elitebook 840

My computer was working fine. 

One time I was using it without the power cord. When it got to low battery, I plugged it in, but it would not charge.

I plugged in the cord and took it out, and plugged it in again, and then the battery charged and the power source worked.

The same problem happened the next day, but when I put the cord in and out it would not work.

I took out the battery, unplugged the power cord and all external devices, and then held down the power button for 20 seconds to reset the power.

When I plugged in the power cord (without the battery installed) the power button and caps lock flashed at regular intervals.

I could start the computer for about 20 seconds, then the battery would die.

The power cord works in another computer (so it is not the problem) and I have also used another power cord.

Thank you for your help!

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation