Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Chromebook model 14-db0050nr
Chrome OS

I purchased this hp chromebook sept.2019 worked great up to Feb2020 when i started having issues with no sound on videos.It has happened 4 times and was able to fix doing a hard reset.Is this an issue that will continue or should I contact hp for repair or replacement as it's till under warranty.After each hard reset it works fine but you never know from day to day if it's going to work or not.Other than that the chromebook works fine.Any ideas greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dachshundlover Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that there is no sound for your HP Chromebook.

As you have stated that you have already performed the hard reset.

I would suggest you perform the Recover your Chromebook.

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1080595

Important: Recovery permanently erases everything on your Chromebook's hard drive, including your downloaded files. If possible, back up your files before you recover your Chromebook.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply to my question about no sound doing hard reset to fix issue.So far sound has been working since last reset a few weeks ago.Is the recovery option the same as a chrome book power wash? Also another issue has developed in the last 2 days websites loading slow.I did a Chrome Connectivity Diagnostics Test named Resolver Latency Test and the result said Problem Detected DNS took to long did not return answers quickly DNS server translates a host name into an IP address.I Have been watching the spinning circle very annoying I also cleared cookies ,history,cache etc.Is this a computer issue or a internet connection issue? Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

@Dachshundlover

I understand your concerns.

Recover chrome os means reinstalling the Chrome os.

For the DNS issue, I think your internet connection issue. You could perform the test with a different internet connection and check.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.