Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No sound from monitor speakers when plugged into laptop

HP ENVY Touchsmart 15 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently had my computer wiped clean and had Windows 10 reinstalled.  Had all my file, etc. moved to separate hard drive and then had them put back.  All went smoothly I'm told.

When at home I plug a 24" monitor (which has no speakers so I got separate plug-in speakers)  (Asus) into my laptop.  Before the reinstall when the laptop was connected to the monitor and I was viewing only on the monitor, the speakers would work.  Now the only speakers I can get to work are the laptop speakers.  How can I reconnect the separate speakers that are connected to my 24" monitor?

I've read the "old" solutions from several years ago that are posted here on the HP Discussion Board, but nothing worked.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Ballona Creek bridge Jan. 2012.cropped.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
75719 75604 9265 19974
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

How do you connect them now ?  If HDMI, please check the speaker icon and turn HDMI sound on

(a) Right click the speaker icon,

(b) Select Playback devices

(c) Right click HDMI Sound and Enable.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Dori12 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  What Ihad to do was re-install the driver for my monitor and the speakers connected to it worked fine.  Didn't remember that I needed a driver.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation