Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 13-u104tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hp pavilion 360x ( bought in Jan 2017) has been acting up lately.  The fan starts running aggressively just when the power button is touched. 

The disk consumption usually goes up to 100% while only  Google Chrome is open with only 1-2 tabs running. 

1. I looked up Google Chrome's taskbar,  and it just shows the few tabs that are running, and while I check the System Task Bar, it denotes G Chrome hogging more than 1200 Mb memory, and the total consumption in red at 100%.
  2. I tried deleting temp files, updating drivers, but all in vain.
  3. I've also tried following the instructions on the thread already present on this issue like updating BIOS, but nothing helps.

instead, it appears that BIOS update is blocked for my laptop (downloaded and ran all the three versions provided in the link but still can't locate the System Power Scheme in BIOS).

any sort of help would be appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NINKLEOUS
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Does the device heat up as well?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

To resolve this issue, change the System Power Scheme to Balance in the BIOS.  

1. Turn on or restart the computer.  

2. Press F10 to enter the BIOS Setup.  

3.Select System Configuration.  

4. Select Boot Options > System Power Scheme.  

5. Change the option to Balance.  

6.Select F10 to Save and Exit the BIOS. 

7.Select Exit.

If the issue persists, refer to this article: https://hp.care/2fVoxVy (To resolve issues with the loud fan noise)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As already mentioned in the initial concern, I can't locate the System Power Scheme in BIOS. 

I have read the other responses given to similar questions and tried downloading the updates but, BIOS update is blocked for my device.

Also, yes the device heats up, a lot.

No hardware or software changes have been made as such, in my knowledge.

The fan runs even right when the Device is just switched on, without having run a SINGLE app. 

I'd appreciate your help.

HP Recommended

@NINKLEOUS

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.