Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

RAM looks like its soldered onto motherboard but maintenance and service guide describes it as upgradeable.

Poor QC and providing incorrect information. I just lost USD 2599 to a sloppy job by HP as I intended to upgrade the RAM to 64GB(supported by the CPU) but cant get beyond the 16GB soldered onboard.

Way to go HP. Keep up your sloppy and shoddy jobs. Never gonna buy an HP again

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Not sure how these words in the Manual are translated as the memory being "upgradeable"

Two SODIMM slots, customer non-accessible/non-upgradeable

Also, the motherboard description lists the amount of RAM which means it is soldered in place. See p. 20 item 6, 

If you would have asked here before purchase "can I upgrade this to 64 gigs?" we, non-employees of HP could have answered for you. HP is not responsible for assumptions. 

The Service Manual is not a marketing piece its for technicians who know how to read it. Your purchasing choices are for you to make. Good luck. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.