Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 2570p
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I hope you can help me with this issues. I will tell you specifically what is the problem. I'm using HP Elitebook 2570p i7 3rd gen with 8GB of RAM, 500GB HDD and not having a battery .This is the problem, It takes time to boot and if does not I will repeat these process, turn off the laptop, disconnect the AC adapter and disconnect the ram. In many case it will not boot until 10 minutes. But sometimes it boots, when it boots no "display" but there's some lights on, blinking light on capslack in keyboard area, and I heard the fan spinning fast. No display after all but does have a "power", It will take forever if I don't press the shutdown button. Else, there's some instances that the laptop seems good, but I know it's not feeling well. I felt some little ground(electricity) in its topcover when AC adapter is connected.

Another thing I noticed is every time I installed a new program It won't let the laptop "restart", especially when prompt to restart, this will happen when it's bout to restart it will not comeback (not booting) just totally shutdown. I also tried in cmd: "shutdown/r" or by manually restart and It just directly shutdown I don't know why. That's only happens when to installed a new program or software. Does anyone has the same experience with HP laptops?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.