BlaezKing1258
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Not manufacturing battery anymore? 917724-855

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got this laptop roughly around April 2018 and technically doesn't have a warranty anymore. The battery only charges to around 95%, and shuts off around 50%. Took it to BestBuy to have a diagnosis to confirm if I need a new battery, which ended up being the case. They told me to look online for a battery, however, after looking at HP PartSurfer, they have shown the battery to be discontinued. 

From my understanding, the battery is an HP 917724-855 battery, Assembly-battery 4C 70Wh 4.55Ah Li Sr.

Looking online for suitable replacements, I came across multiple off brands that say they make the same battery, but either has many poor reviews or are falsely advertizing the wrong battery. 

I really don't want to get scammed for simply trying to find a replacement part, so if anyone can share trustworthy brands or any advice as to my next course of action would be appreciated. 

Best Regards, BlazeKing1258

===

Device info summary

System Model: HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx
BaseBoard Manufacture: HP

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
91,905 91,786 11,848 25,308
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BlaezKing1258 

Stocking batteries is a costly business therefore vendors including normally do not stock for notebooks. Well, that's life. You have to buy elsewhere. For example

https://www.newegg.com/p/16J-01GT-00G44

FYI: The cost of battery on my HP Omen is A$226 (if bought from HP) and A$74 from other source. I decided to run on AC only because

• I only use my HP Omen once or twice a month,
  • I have UPS therefore I connect it to AC thru UPS.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation