Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15-da0065nl

HI all, I recently bought a HP notebook which came with a hdd as primary drive. I wanted to speed up the pc so I bought a Samsung 860 EVO m.2 . The intallation was really messy: first of all the bios didn't recognize it so I had to physically remove the HDD , then I did a fresh install of windows 10 with a usb drive in the ssd. In the BIOS now only the SSD appeared and I was able to enter windows of the SSD. Lastly iI reistalled the HDD and formatted only the OS partition to avoid conflict. NOw the system boots properly at it's very fast , the problem is after some minutes of working it freezes and the only options is turn off the pc. Another note: the cpu fan spins continuisly from the start till the freezing occurs. 

Any help is appreciated,
Alessandro
PS: Other information:
- the usb used for the fresh window install was the one coming from a DELL notebook but it was a clean windows image build with the online tool provided by Microsoft not DELL, no DELL utility was inside.

- BIOS version is: InsydeH20 Setup Utility Rev 5.0 . I downloaded the .exe file for the BIOS upgrade but the option to update the bios is greyed out, I can only do the  recovery

- the problem occurs with and without the ac adaptor plugged on

Manually installed driversManually installed driversBIOS update denied (sp 91952.exe)BIOS update denied (sp 91952.exe)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.