Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ZBook 15u G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i try to switch on my notebook, the power led flashes constantly

No light appear on keyboard

If i hold the power button in for about 15-20secs the power LED stops flashing

If i try to power on again, similar orange flashing LED

Eventually, after several power on/offs, the power LED appears white and then when i power off/on again, the notebook powers on..

Once powered on, the notebook wor

This problem occurs with or without mains connected 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@checks Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the laptop will not turn on.

Perform the below steps to resolve this issue: 

Symptoms: Battery power LED blinks, and Caps Lock/Num Lock off 

Possible failure: AC adapter not connected or failure / Battery low charge or failure 

If the battery power LED and the LEDs near the Num Lock and Caps Lock keys do not glow when the computer is disconnected from the AC adapter, then the battery has a very low charge or is not charged at all. Try the following two procedures for diagnosing the power issue: 

Charge the battery: 

Use the following steps to charge the battery. 

1. Connect the AC power adapter, and verify that the battery power LED glows. 

2. Allow the battery to charge for 15 - 30 minutes. 

3. Attempt to start the computer. 

For more details: Click here 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi,

The laptop does eventually turn on but i need to keep turning the device off (by holding the power button) so the power led stops flashing orange..

If i turn on again, it starts flashing orange again.. then i turn off again..

I then repeat the process until eventually the led goes white and then powering off and on again eventually boots the laptop

(This issue appears even if i plug the device into the mains)

Once the laptop has powered on, everything appears to function correctly..

The battery seems ok and appears fully charged

HP Recommended

@checks

I understand your concerns.

Please perform the below steps on the computer to run a System Test

- Shut down/Turn off the computer

- Once the computer is completely Shut down/Turned off

- Now press the power button once to turn on the computer and immediately start pressing/tapping the F2 key on the keyboard

- This should open the UEFI Diagnostic screen on the computer

- Please select System Test and then select Extensive Test

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back in touch...

Shutting the device down and restarting the device (after it's been on for some time) seems to be OK

If i shutdown and say leave it several hours, the device doesn't boot and F2 doesn't work

I need to go through the same process again trying to fix the flashing orange power led until i can get it to go white after then it seems to power on OK

When the device is working i've rebooted and pressed F2 and ran the UEFI diags and both test's run OK without issues

HP Recommended

@checks

Thank you for the update.

Please let s know is it working fine now.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The issue still persists!

if i leave the notebook off for several hours and then try to power on, i get the same issue with the flashing orange led light where i then need to follow again the procedure mentioned earlier 

HP Recommended

@checks

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.