Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 15-ax009na (ENERGY STAR) SN: 5CD7381CB6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an HP Omen laptop and it will only charge up when the laptop is switched off. The ac adaptor is the original one supplied with the laptop and we have had this issue from new. I ran HP Hardware Diagnostics on the ac adaptor and received the following code GLPRVK-8T8A1A-MFPURF-C1DB13. From what I can tell I need to buy a new ac adaptor, but I am reluctant to do so as my laptop charges up when switched off so I think the adaptor is ok and it is probably a software issue? Can anyone tell me how to fix it please? I have reinstalled the MS AC Adaptor and  ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery drivers as suggested on other threads, but this has made no difference.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@David284,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is getting charged only when the computer is powered off.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I checked the failure ID you have shared, and it says that the AC adapter is faulty. However, I agree with the point that the adapter is charging the battery when the computer is powered off.

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps

BIOS: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101001-101500/sp101121.exe

Intel Chipset Firmware: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100001-100500/sp100251.exe

Also, check with an alternate adapter and see if the battery is getting charged.

If you continue facing the issue, then you might have to consider replacing the AC adapter.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi    Thankyou for your suggestion. I updated the BIOS and the Chipset Firmware per your instructions but it hasnt made a difference. I guess I have to assume that it is the AC adaptor that is faulty now? I will purchase a new one an try it. I noticed on the HP website that the original ac adaptor that is 120W is no longer available and has been replaced by a 150W version.  Do you know if this was the problem ie the original ac adaptor wasnt powerful enough to charge the laptop and run it at the same time? 

HP Recommended

@David284,

I recommend you test with an alternate adapter before purchasing a new one. I want you to make sure that the issue is with the AC adapter before you order a new one.

You should be able to order a 120 Watt adapter from the HP part store for your computer if that's what originally came with the computer. However, you can also use a 150 Watt adapter with your computer.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.