Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had >> 40 MAJOR problems w/System Model OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an1xx  ---  over past 9 months since delivery. Have talked w/OMEN support people in Albuquerque MANY times - they have been helpful; however, many issues they cannot solve.
OS came w/1803  -- was NOT upgradeable.  I jumped thru hoops, but finally changed OS myself. *I worked at HP > 20 years &
am CS 35 years *  ---- Then, I sent dozens of emails to HP management and they refuse to acknowledge problems that are HP's responsibility.  Missing/broken hardware - DOA;  many other hardware/OS/applications problems. POOR performance.  Mysterious shut downs. etc.  Overheating running mild apps.  I am NOT stressing I7-8550H because of running too many
apps or background programs.  I could spend days explaining issues; however  ---  HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD OMEN 17 UNSOLVABLE PROBLEMS  ????   Kindly respond to:   <jimdandee123@**bleep**>    I'd appreciate some help !!!  THX !!!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Are you certain about i7-8550H  ??   Isn't the CPU an i7-8850H  ???   Your 'male' is 'hot', correct ????

HP Recommended

NOT SOLVED AT ALL  ---   STILL MANY PROBLEMS  !!!!    HELP  !!!!!!

HP Recommended

YES  --- it is 'SUPPOSED' to be an i7-8850H; however, my 11 year old SONY VAIO VPC115FM  w/one of the very FIRST i7
procs STILL RUNS same benchmark @  virtually  87% PERFORMANCE of the HP OMEN 17t-an1xx   !!!!!     HP has bad manufacturing process/poor QC w/that OMEN   ----   very probably WHY they 'discontinued' it !!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Well --  what have you DONE about it ????   Haven't you complained to HP  ?????

HP Recommended

OF COURSE I have   !!!!!   SEE original post  !!!!!   Their corporate lackeys who know NOTHING about computers have dismissed entire issues  !!!!  They sent very bad messages back and/or refused to respond to other messages.   They will probably delete these messages HERE from George Orwell.

HP Recommended
Previous1234567...2702Next     ----   INCREDIBLE   !!!!!!    Know what that means here ???  Huh ????   It means there are AT LEAST   2,702 PAGES of problems/complaints about these HP laptop computers posted JUST HERE on this site !!!!!!!

PAGES   ---  that means THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of HP Customers are UNHAPPY b/c of BAD DELIVERED computers
and HP has done little or nothing to resolve/fix all those thousands of issues !!!!!   Unbelievable  !!!!!  No wonder the HP Inc stock has gone up in past months    -----   they are selling JUNK and POST-SALE  --- are NOT fixing problems  !!!!!   That's quite a 'business model'   !!!!!!!!     Reduces expenses greatly; improves bottom line  !!!!!
HP Recommended

WRONG  !!!! You don't know  !!!!   It's an i7-8750H   ---  see - Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)      !!!!!    What's the matter w/you ????   You said u have been a computer scientist for >30 years  --   where ????   LOL  !!!!    BTW  --- MINE doesn't run so sweet, either !!!!!!

HP Recommended

@terribleOMEN

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Echo-    What do u do @ HP ?  Are u cognizant of issues w/HP OMEN 17-an1xx machines ? Thx for response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.