Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an120nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After running a Crucial scan I was offered the option to upgrade to a Crucial P2 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD. Which I did. Unfortunately I get an imminent harddrive failure warnings at startup and every test (I've run them all) shows there is nothing wrong with the drive at all. I've tried this with 2 drives. 

Crucial has said it's a motherboard conflict and there's nothing to worry about and a firmware update may or may not be created to address this. 

My question; can someone recommend a fully compatible SSD drive for my laptop that's at least 500GB? That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@bray4ever8

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are looking for a compatible SSD for your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

Refer to the below service guide (Page 26) for your computer for the compatible SSD for your computer.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06001792

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. The product number is 3WE38UA#ABA.

The reason I am asking here, is because the product I purchase is also compatible but unfortunately has issues with the motherboard that could be fixed with a firmware update. 

I didn't want to keep going through this if I don't have too and was hoping someone else upgraded theirs without issue.

Thanks,

Brian

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Recommended

@bray4ever8

You're welcome!

Below is the latest BIOS available for your computer.

Version: F.14 Rev.A (Release Date: Aug 3, 2020)

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107001-107500/sp107334.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I truly appreciate it. My bios are current. It was the drive causing the issue. 

I purchased a Samsung 970 EVO and (knock on wood), it's working perfectly and was able to pass the short test in the bios where the crucial device failed. So fingers crossed, this is the drive! 

HP Recommended

@bray4ever8

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.