Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
cb1378ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening,

today i bought the "OMEN by HP 17-cb1378ng" Gaming Notebook (delivery in 5-7days) here in Germany.

When im searching now on support.hp.com for the "OMEN by HP 17-cb1378ng" it shows me 8 HP-Laptops (drop down auto suggestions) but none of them includes the correct "cb-number".

The "OMEN 17-cb1000 Laptop PC series" is the closest one to the Laptop i named above but its not listed with the Intel i7-10750H but the laptop defenetly should have that core (according to the article number and the HP-Support Hotline).

I just try to find out which is the right one that i can use the manuals section to download the Maintenance and Service Guide to see if theres an extra slot for an 2,5''SDD/HDD and if the RAM is upgradeable.

• Detection over the hp-site with the new laptop is right now not possible until the new laptop arrives. 
  • The manufacturer number is listed in the shop i bought as "2K0K1EA#ABD".

Thank you....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Entropie656 

The following specs is the closest you can get:

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c06639135

It is ending with ng therefore probably it is only available in your country. The above machine has 32GB of RAM (can upgrade to 64GB) and has dual storage (M.2 NVMe SSD + 2.5" HDD).

That means you can upgrade RAM and add 2.5" SATA-3 HDD/SSD (you would need  Hard drive connector/cable part number
L57362-001)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Entropie656 

The following specs is the closest you can get:

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c06639135

It is ending with ng therefore probably it is only available in your country. The above machine has 32GB of RAM (can upgrade to 64GB) and has dual storage (M.2 NVMe SSD + 2.5" HDD).

That means you can upgrade RAM and add 2.5" SATA-3 HDD/SSD (you would need  Hard drive connector/cable part number
L57362-001)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Good evening, 

thank you again for your useful answer. The sparepart with the number you mentioned above isnt available in Germany but today ive seen several articels about theres already a 2,5''dummy inside with an connector cable and the brackets.

Hopefully someone can tell me, if the connector and the brackers are already inside. I just dont want to open the Laptop only to look inside wheter there is a connector or not.  

Thankyou!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.