Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have some issues with battery charging. 
I have bought a secondhand laptop and its come not strong charger. First of all, I have charged not a strong charger( 65W ) the first time and the assistant told me to need stronger charger for this laptop, so after this, I have bought a 150w charger and its charge.
One morning this new charger stopped charging and I have tried old one 65w and continue working, but sometimes charged, sometimes not. I thought there was a problem battery port jeck, so I have changed this one also today but nothing. Laptop now only charging when sleeping, or shut down. I have made some research in the forum and there was advice updating bios, drivers, but it does not work for me this one. What I can do?! I have a new port, but the laptop does not charge.

Also, this new 150W charger is not working again for this new jeck

Please, help

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

ANYBODY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

@GeorgeKelashvil

I have gone through your post and would like to help

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

As per the Specifications: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-15-ce000-laptop-pc/15551437/model/17033241/document/..., this Notebook uses the 150W Ac Adapter

Try reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery

Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook
Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter (For Notebooks with removable Battery)
Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter and check if that helps

If the issue persists, run a Battery Test to confirm the hardware functionality

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Power > Battery

Keep me posted 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Omens batery is not changeble so I have tryed this way alreadi without change the battery. What about F2 I have tried those way but there is not any batery check when I press this batton

HP Recommended

@GeorgeKelashvil

Thank for keeping me posted

At this point I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again, thanks for advice but I am from georgia and there is not any service center of Hp 😞 p.s Country Georgia

HP Recommended

@GeorgeKelashvil

Please try this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/service-center

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.