Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15z-en000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is the HP Travel Adapter 90W (1HU30AA#ABA) compatible with the Omen 15z-en000 CTO? I looked through my documentation and under DC power Specifications in the User Guide I found a table of Input Power containing the lines:

5 V dc @ 3 A / 9 V dc @ 3 A / 10 V dc @ 5 A / 12 V dc @ 5 A / 15 V dc @ 5 A / 20 V dc @ 4.5 A – 90 W USB-C

19.5 V dc @ 4.62 A – 90 W

I think this means yes, but I am not 100% sure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi .  you can use 90W hp original charger,
It can charge your laptop when laptop is not in use.

https://www.pccharger.com/products/new-original-hp-90w-20v-4-5a-usb-type-c-ac-adapter-charger-for-hp...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MxTT 

Well, your machine uses 200W or 250W charger, guess what when plug a 90W charger in ? My first Physics lesson 65 years ago may be out of date but I think 90W is not enough to run your machine with some loads.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I'm not really looking to use the travel charger under max load, I just want to be able to charge the laptop when it's not in use.

HP Recommended

3,354 "experts" and all I get is a smart ass comment from an old man. Cool. I guess I'll just buy it and find out.

HP Recommended

@MxTT wrote:

3,354 "experts" and all I get is a smart ass comment from an old man. Cool. I guess I'll just buy it and find out.

Take it easy. OK, you can get a 90W or 100W charger which can charge your machine overnight or when machine is not in use.

Hope this makes sense now

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi .  you can use 90W hp original charger,
It can charge your laptop when laptop is not in use.

https://www.pccharger.com/products/new-original-hp-90w-20v-4-5a-usb-type-c-ac-adapter-charger-for-hp...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.