Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop

I have an older HP,  probably close to 15 years old (maybe). I purchased it from my nephew and he told me the number pad didn't work. He doesn't know why. It still doesn't work and I wondered if there was anything I could try short of taking it a repair shop. Also, the left side of the computer, I think someone sat on it (I wasn't home at the time of damage) and the hinge is busted and the outer-front panel is loose. Any quick fixes for this? It's a great laptop and I would love to get back to its original state. Anyone? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jennifer_5121 

The basic hurdle you will be facing is that HP only supports laptops for a limited time -- and this one is LONG beyond that.  This means HP will have no parts for this model and, in all reality, even other vendors that typically repair HP laptops will also probably have no parts and will not be able to get them from HP.

You can certainly take this to a repair shop, but unless you luck out and find one which happens to have the part needed, you're probably not going to be able to get this repaired now.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jennifer_5121 

The basic hurdle you will be facing is that HP only supports laptops for a limited time -- and this one is LONG beyond that.  This means HP will have no parts for this model and, in all reality, even other vendors that typically repair HP laptops will also probably have no parts and will not be able to get them from HP.

You can certainly take this to a repair shop, but unless you luck out and find one which happens to have the part needed, you're probably not going to be able to get this repaired now.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for you reply. Do you know anything about returns?  Because I cannot  get any help from HP. They argue with me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.