Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen 15 AX-200 will not charge

OMEN 15 AX-200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop was working great.  Turned it on and noticed it was on battery power. 

Checked that it was plugged in.  Swapped supplies with a second laptop (exact same).  Still didn't work.  No white or orange light.  Both power supplies work with the other laptop (power and charge) so I have a known good power supply. 

Had the "plugged in, not charging" issue when I first go it so I looked for new firmware.  Updated it to F.52.

Ran the power test through the UEIF.  Battery shows good.  AC fails.  Says AC not connected.  When doing the battery test it show the current as 0mA so it's not discharging.  When I unplug the laptop the current goes to about -1700mA.  So the adapter is supplying power when plugged in it just isn't being recognized.

In Windows it is showing that it is on battery power but the battery doesn't discharge.

What else can I try?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,145 17,668 1,281 1,924
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen 15 AX-200 will not charge

Hi! @Bob244,

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Check the BIOS to confirm the setting is set to Full Charge, if it is not, change the BIOS setting to Full Charge.

Power on the unit.
Press F10 to enter the BIOS.
Select the Power option. 

Full Charge: The battery charge stops at 91~100%. 
Extended Life of Battery Pack: The battery charge stops at 76~80%. 
Optimize Life of Battery Pack: The battery charge stops at 46~50%. 

Save changes and exit the BIOS.

If the above steps do not fix the issue, upgrade the drivers to the latest version using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

Remove the AC adapter and discharge battery capacity to 10 percent or lower.
Re-connect the AC adapter and check if the battery can be charged to 95 to 100 percent (95 to 100% is normal).
If upgrading to F.45 does not fix the issue, replace the battery.
If replacing the battery does not resolve the issue, follow the standard repair process to get the issue resolved.

Run Power Troubleshooter.

On Cortana, enter  Troubleshooter then select Troubleshooting.
Click Improve power usage to open the window, then click Next. 
This should run the troubleshooter and can fix any detected issues. You may try restarting your computer and charge your battery again.

Lastly, try running a battery test using the HP support assistant and check if the hardware components on the PC are functioning correctly.

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation