Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-en1000 IDS Base Model
Linux

Trying to re-paste and get new pads for this thing, does anyone have pictures and/or a list of the thermal pads used so that I know what thickness to get?

Also, what is the highest capacity battery that I can get? does anyone have a link to it?

Thanks - Gil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

kancM3n

<unamused.png>
Sure, -HP- may not offer.... but there are other people, such as LaptopMedia, and Jayz2cents, who do teardowns and stuff.

I found (this ^^) on youtube, after a pretty simple search.
Sure, it may not have been under the heatpipes, but its a pretty good image that would let me reverse-engineer how i would go about upgrading the cooling.

Are you a paid employee of HP or something, bro? Quality Customer support, m8.... *slow clapping*

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I would not use thermal pads.

Use some thermal paste instead, perhaps some top tier stuff from Arctic Silver. Remove all vestiges of the thermal pads before applying thermal paste.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/instructions.htm

You can purchase thermal paste online from many online vendors.

The high capacity battery part number iinformation:

( from the Maintenance & Service guide, ch 3 page 19, it 15)

Battery 6 cell, 70 Wh                     HP p/n L84392-006

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Do you happen to have an image of the motherboard below the heatsink?

I'd like to know (about) how much paste I'm going to need to buy for this operation.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, HP does not often provide images of notebook system board.

There are instructions at the link that I put in my last post.

For a notebook processor it does not take more than a dot about the size of a pea.

I suggest purchasing the smallest quantity possible, since this isn't something you will be doing often.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

kancM3n

<unamused.png>
Sure, -HP- may not offer.... but there are other people, such as LaptopMedia, and Jayz2cents, who do teardowns and stuff.

I found (this ^^) on youtube, after a pretty simple search.
Sure, it may not have been under the heatpipes, but its a pretty good image that would let me reverse-engineer how i would go about upgrading the cooling.

Are you a paid employee of HP or something, bro? Quality Customer support, m8.... *slow clapping*

HP Recommended

Here are the motherboard pictures, by the way.

k3piYZ6rjfAxBMz7s6tnR

HP Recommended

You do not seem to be aware of what the forum is for, and no I do not work for HP.

I am not your bro. 

Keep comments like that to yourself and your own brother(s) and friends.

I have treated you politely and  not disrespected you so don't do that to me. 

Generally only factories, when they initially build PCs and notebooks and people who are afraid to apply thermal interface paste use thermal pads. 

PC enthusiasts and knowlegeable people who understand the advantages of different thermal paste types use thermal interface paste, such as Arctic Silver.

I suggest you read up on it like the rest of us have done.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.