Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dc-1524na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought an Omen 15-dc-1524na gaming laptop.  It has an M.2 SSD for its primary drive, and I'd like to add a secondary SATA drive. However, the laptop didn't come with the necessary caddy / cable / bracket kit to mount a drive in the open bay.  

Where can I get one?

I am living in the UK , I didn`t find it on Ebay. I was wondering if HP has official spare parts stores that I can go to and buy these items.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Andy S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. 

I have now found a company here in the UK that is able to supply the necessary parts. 

Thank you all in the community that helped. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Anonymous Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, here's a list of parts tested and approved by HP, to work on your device:

(see image below)

I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. 

I have now found a company here in the UK that is able to supply the necessary parts. 

Thank you all in the community that helped. 

HP Recommended

@Anonymous That's great, I'm glad you got what you needed,

And if you need anything else, feel free to get back to us, any time. 🙂

Have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.