Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15 dh0010nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my laptop easly reach high CPU temperature, like 97°C+, playing games or use graphic programs.
I tried undervolting CPU using ThrottleStop but I obteined few effect on temperature and somethimes when i used more than one monitor on same times, I get Kernel Power error from windows.

How can I limit temperature and avoid throttling?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LucaMagnino95 Although, we don't recommend making changes on a thermal paste level, I'm glad you've got that sorted,
And I wish you the best ahead.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, click on the thumbs up,

and then, click on "Accept as solution" on the post you think will help others find the solution.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LucaMagnino95 Welcome to HP Community!

Click here for steps to resolve overheating issues, you could try reducing the resolution on the in-game settings and switch the windows settings to performance rather than visual effects to make a minor change, however, the game may heat up your PC, hence make sure you are using a cooling pad as well, to be on a safer side.

Here's how you change windows settings:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick.

I must let you know that its normal for a gaming PC to heat up, and with an Intel CPU such as the one you have, there's nothing to worry about, for details on why you don't need to worry: Click here to go through the CPU specifications, look under Tjunction of the CPU, it supports up to 100°C.

If you don't find options to throttle the device on your Omen Command Center, I'm afraid it is not supported.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I solved this problem replacing thermal paste.

When I removed heatsink I found too much paste, I clean all with pure alcohol and smeared less thermal paste (arctic mx-4).

Now when CPU run with turbo at 4.5GHz it reach 88-90 °C and it keep temperature between 65-80 °C playing games or rendering videos.

It seems works better because keeps more high clock (2.9-3.5GHz) in stressed situations, even more clock on GPU

HP Recommended

@LucaMagnino95 Although, we don't recommend making changes on a thermal paste level, I'm glad you've got that sorted,
And I wish you the best ahead.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, click on the thumbs up,

and then, click on "Accept as solution" on the post you think will help others find the solution.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.