Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Omen Storage upgrade

Hp omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hiya everybody, 

As black friday is approaching, i thought of getting an SSD for my Hp-omen 15. I have a doubt regarding the presence of a m.2 slot, as i purchased the hard drive only version. In addition i would like to know the max capacity of the SSD that I will be able to install on the device (if in case there is such a slot).

Many thanks. 

P.S 

Model : Hp 15-dc100 CTO. 

3 REPLIES 3
Level 17
Level 17
46,733 40,994 4,453 11,595
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Omen Storage upgrade

Omen notebooks are HP's flagship gaming devices so there is a slot, but there may not be a screw there.

It is worthwhile to open it up and check.

The Omen could be configured and ordered with 1 TB PCIe, NVMe, TLC, M.2, solid-state drive, but  one with a higher capacity will work as well.

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
You can click on accept as solution if my post or reply was the information you needed to resolve your issue.
You can say thanks if my reply helped by clicking on the blue thumbs up+.
yashaz123
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Omen Storage upgrade

will opening up the laptop void my warranty in anyway? 

thanks. 

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
46,733 40,994 4,453 11,595
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Omen Storage upgrade

No.

As long as you don't damage the notebook it won't violate the warranty.

There are videos on YouTube that you can watch to see how to perform the upgrade.

. All you need is a set of Jewelers screwdrivers,  a minimal  amount of mechanical ability and patience.

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
You can click on accept as solution if my post or reply was the information you needed to resolve your issue.
You can say thanks if my reply helped by clicking on the blue thumbs up+.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation