Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen by HP 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to add another 8gb of memory to my laptop and want to match it with what came stock with it but one of the screws is stripped on the casing so I can't get the backing off to pull the stick and check. Anyone know what the stock 8gb stick is? I thought I saw in a video it might be Kingston DDR4 2400?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP uses memory from several vendors, so there would be no way to tell without opening up the notebook or perhaps running this free utility that I zipped up and attached below.

It provides a lot of details regarding the memory specifications.

When I run it on mine it tells me the manufacturer and the part number, so hopefully it will on yours too.

Close out of the summary report window and on the left side of the program window click to expand the memory category and then just click on the memory module listed there.

On the right side of the window is the detailed report.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.