cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

On the verge of Throwing this out the window!!!!

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have this Notebook K3D67EA#ABH.

Almost a year now and there is always something wrong with it. Besides the fact it is slow and I cant stand Microsoft Edge as it ALWAYS crashes (not responding), my biggest issue is my memory keeps running out without me saving anything. A few days ago I did a hard reset and everything went back to factory setting. (16.5GB used of the 28.7 GB).

I have NOT saved or downloaded anything and a few days later I have just 2 GB left.

Went to storage, system and reserved is large but also temporary files is a few Gig and something called other.

Went to delete temporary but sometimes it deletes it but then nothing happens. I have had this laptop for a year now and have used is not more than 25 times due to this issue.

Very annoying and only had this with HP. Never with any of the other laptops at home.

4 REPLIES 4
Level 17
Level 17
43,932 43,718 7,010 12,353
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes people are struggling to cope with the Celeron, 2 gig Ram and 32 gig storage machines.  I have heard people at Frys tell people not to buy them. About all you can do is add an SD card and try to park your library files on it and steer new program installs as much as you can (Windows 10 makes it very hard) to the SD card. Also you can try some of these things. Windows is doing backups which will gradually fill up empty hard drive space and you have to turn them off and turn off hibernation and use a small amount of virtual memory. 

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/reclaim-disk-space-windows-10

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

What happens ? Where does the memory goes?

I really dont understand this. Can I solve this or really throw this out the window and get a new one!!!

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
43,932 43,718 7,010 12,353
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Read my answer above and the link I gave you. It goes to backups (system restore points). It does not take much to fill up that puny space. 

0 Kudos
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,681
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> A few days ago I did a hard reset and everything went back to factory setting. (16.5GB used of the 28.7 GB).

I'm guessing that you connected to the Internet, and Windows Update launched itself, in the "background", and downloaded all the security-fixes (a few GB) from the date that Windows was installed at the factory up to today's date.

Windows Update also lets you "uninstall" some of the fixes, by keeping the original files (which have been replaced by the fixed-up versions) on your disk-drive, so that they can be "restored" by the un-installer.

> I have NOT saved or downloaded anything and a few days later I have just 2 GB left.

In "Power" settings, turn off "hibernation" -- if you have 2GB of RAM, the "hibernation-file" will reserve 2GB of RAM.

In "System Restore", there is a "slider" to tell Windows what percentage of the disk-drive that will be consumed for "Restore Points" -- move the slider to a smaller level.

Run the Windows "Disk Cleanup" accessory, to remove "temporary files", and "log files", and "Internet browsing temporary files".

But, 32GB is _barely_ enough for an up-to-date copy of Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation