Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My specs: HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb030nd

I started noticing that my CPU started throttling when running simulations or playing games. It became worse and my fan started to make noise. I first looked at the temperatures in OpenHardwareMonitor (avg 60°C, max 98°C, min 45°C). I screwed the laptop open and noticed the following things my thermal paste become a solid brick and one out of two fans didn't spin.

I tried the following to fix this:

1. Turn fan always enabled in BIOS
2. Changing fan and thermal paste
3. Reinstalling windows/Running Linux on a USB

It sounds to me like my motherboard is broken and therefore the fan is not operating accordingly, since changing it didn't make any difference. What bothers me is that the (broken) fan had no dust at all in there while the other one had plenty. It seems to me like this problem has been there for a long time before I noticed it and now it's becoming more broken while I'm out of the warranty period.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I can try?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

У меня точно такая же история.

SpeedFan видит оба вентилятора, но не позволяет их регулировать. Причем второй работает на 200 оборотов, а первый на 2000 оборотов.

Также заметил, что при включении (пока запускается BIOS) крутятся оба вентилятора/

Единственная мысль это подключить оба вентилятора на один разъем, тот который рабочий. 

HP Recommended

Hey @kornet_vl 
Hope your doing fine! 

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Support Community Moderator
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same story.

SpeedFan sees both fans, but does not allow them to be controlled. Moreover, the second works at 200 rpm, and the first at 2000 rpm.

I also noticed that when turned on (while the BIOS is running), both fans spin /

The only thought is that both fans on one connector are working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.