Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce031tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an 2-3 year old laptop (OMEN by HP - 15-ce031tx) and the recent week, one of the laptop fan have started to make loud noise, like way loud than it should be. It is the built-in fan located below the ssd slot. I have already tried self cleaning the outer part of the fans (without removing it since I was unable to remove the ssd screw) but the problem still prevails. I am afraid of prolonged use of the laptop since it should not be able to make that much noise. I am currently unable to have this checked at a service center due to the holiday season. Any piece of self help advice would be appreciated
More Details:

-When using speed fan: here are the rpm of the fans: Fan 1: 2007, Fan 2: 240; idk which fan is which

-The noise levels of the fan doesn't immediately go to the loud, and it seems that when I'm doing gaming or after a long period of minimal use it starts
-It causes a vibration throughout the laptop

-Have checked for possible debris and its not it (tried running a game while I can see the bottom fan)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CrimsonHerb, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that fan is running  constanlty and causing noise ,

Any recent hardware or software changes made to your PC?

While you respond to that, Click here to see this video in full screen on YouTube to reduce Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating, alternatively, you can Click here for step by step instructions.

Also, to resolve issues such as Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly:

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power save settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.