cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

One of the two fans is very slow

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop - 16-a0014nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

so, here's the problem: when i play games or run any type of "demanding" software, the pc gets very hot (CPU costantly above 80 and GPu above 70). I checked out the fans and found out that one of them is very very slow compared to the other one (130 rpm against 4100 rpm). I performed all the fans tests from the BIOS but no problems where found. I even tried to speed up the fans with a tool but I didn't manage to. 

I also noticed that the right part of the keyboard (it's a gaming laptop) gets hot almost immediately when the pc is making big efforts. I'm wondering if the CPU fan is broken or if the low speed is just normal (which would make me think that this gaming laptop is not really suited for gaming). 

Thanks for any advice

product number: 1Z1G5EA#ABZ

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation