Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 m3 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to figure out how to pop this thing open to upgrade memory and SSD and have been unable to find any answers even after calling HP. They simply point me to the generic x360 support page, which tells all about how to open a regular laptop with multiple bottom screws, but nothing about how to open this covertible which has only 4 screws along the keyboard end of the laptop on the bottom. There is no compartment to open. The only thing I can figure is that you literally have to unscrew those four, and then pry up the entire keyboard/trackpad unit but I get to a certain point where that gets very difficult to do and I don't want to snap anything off. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. It definitely is made to be upgraded because it has an empty memory slot right now according to Crucial.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JEFFHARDY

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I appreciate your valuable time in seeking the answers with respect to your HP Pavilion x360 m3 Convertible laptop. I read your post and understand that you would like to upgrade the memory and SSD and need to find out how to open the laptop. Maybe I can help.

I did some research and found the information on the user guide. Please refer to page no. 44 of the user guide. It provides step by step instructions with images on how to replace the Hard drive or solid-state hard drive. Page no. 56 from the user guide will help with replacing the memory. Feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JEFFHARDY

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I appreciate your valuable time in seeking the answers with respect to your HP Pavilion x360 m3 Convertible laptop. I read your post and understand that you would like to upgrade the memory and SSD and need to find out how to open the laptop. Maybe I can help.

I did some research and found the information on the user guide. Please refer to page no. 44 of the user guide. It provides step by step instructions with images on how to replace the Hard drive or solid-state hard drive. Page no. 56 from the user guide will help with replacing the memory. Feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Thanks so much! Exactly what I needed 🙂

HP Recommended

Well, I thought I had it, but there is something in the center of the top panel that will not release. The panel is free all around the sides but I cannot get it to lift as it needs to to completely remove it and the keyboard and trackpad cables.

HP Recommended

@JEFFHARDY

Thanks for replying. 🙂 I believe you are referring to the removal of the keyboard top cover (page no. 37). If the top panel seems to be locked and does not come out as shown in the user guide then I suggest you to contact a local HP authorized service provider like Best Buy, etc. and get it opened. Because raising the keyboard top cover too far or with too much force may damage the keyboard and TouchPad cables or their connectors.

Keep me posted for anymore questions. Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.