04-09-2012 03:01 AM
Can anyone suggest where I might be able to download the Drivers for the Optiarc AD 7561S DVD RW drive on my Pavillion dv6 Notebook. Tyhe installed drivers seem to be outdated. Sony Optiarc seem to have discontinued the software from their site. I am currently left with a DVD drive that will not operate
04-09-2012 06:07 AM
Normally the drivers are included in the Windows operating system.
Try these two things...
Go to the device manager, right click on the DVD drive and select Uninstall. Then reboot and see if it gets installed correctly.
Please read the info at this link below, and see if the solution there works for you.
You may have to reinstall any software that uses the DVD drive (Roxio, Itunes etc.).
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot