HP Recommended

Optical player and Hard drive ....

HP ENVY dv6-7229wm Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have this problem.. In both properties of the "C" and "S" drives are listed: 

Hp DvDRamGT80N Sata CdRom ( Optical)

ST750LMO22HN-M750MBB Sata Disk

My Dvd/Cd player is not working due to this conflict. I wish I could post a picture to explain better. 

5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
9470 9467 882 2551
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A picture might be helpful as the "conflict" is not clear.  While making a reply post, notice there is a place to insert a picture in the line of icons along the top of the post box.  In that line of icons, notice the symbol next to the paper clip.  Click on that symbol and direct the posting software to the location of the picture you took that will help show the problem.

As long as the picture is located somewhere on the PC making the post.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Lildove Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

drive s.pngC drive.png

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9470 9467 882 2551
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I see the picture but I do not see a conflict.  What is shown is the hard drive C: and the DVD/CD drive S:  On the second or lower picture the DVD/CD drive is still hightlighted.  Click on the ST750LM.... for the box that shows "Local Disk (C:) Properties and the  information under "Device Properties" will change to represent the hard drive C:

Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

Lildove Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What I'm trying to explain is they are both located in the same drives, the "S" and the "C". I also interferred with my registry . I can pictures of what they both look like in the registry and if they are correct..I don't know the correct wording for this. Since this happened, my dvd/ cd rom doesn't work any longer. I did something to the hard drive in the registry accidently..:smileysad:

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9470 9467 882 2551
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I still think there is not a conflict.  My computer is running Windows 10 but it should be enough simislar to be good.  I can see a simsialr thing on my computer.  When the hard drive is picked in the box for "All disk drives", instead of the DVD/CD drive in the lower photo, does the SATA port ( location ) change to a different port than the what the DVD/CD reports?

If yes, then there is no conflict. 

If the DVD/CD drive no longer works, it could have failed. Or, as many users have complained, look HERE:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314060/your-cd-or-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized-by-windows-or...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation