Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook - m6-p113dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was directed here by the virtual support agent after seeing no other option.
Here is the situation I am in:

My father purchased me a laptop for christmas back in 2015. Since then it has seen better days, and I want to see if I can get it repaired. Problem is, it is out of warranty. It's been out of warranty for about 4 years now. The screen / cable has something wrong with it, when i boot it up, it works fine but the slightest touch or bump sends it into complete chaos .(it has been worse before, this is the one time I was able to record it) The screen shakes, flickers, and eventually its just a jumbled mess of red, green, and blue. It also does not have a drive anymore.

So that leaves me wondering. Is there anything I can about this? I really want to get it fixed so i can use it again, but I dont think I'm going to be able to do it with HP. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Koalaz 

Your presumption is correct -- as HP only does repairs on devices that are still under warranty.

Your best option is to find a local laptop repair facility that can examine the PC and tell you what the different options and costs would be to repair it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.