cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Outraged by carepack scam

HP Recommended

We purchase next business day carepacks with all our systems and recently I had to open case # 3605448409 , a 6510b laptop (only like 6 months old) of ours while the user was away from his desk stopped working. I could tell from the rattling (sounded like a punch of lego peices inside the laptop) the fan had shattered and hp tech support requested since we were not sure if that was all that was wrong with it cause the screen was very dark, you could barely see the white hp bios logo, that instead of next business day onsite support (that we pay for on the carepack) that the laptop should be sent to the depot for a full diagnostic repair. the depot called today and confirmed the fan was broken and its gonna cost me $209 to fix or $89 to get my laptop back that its not covered on the carepack. They want to say we needed to have the accidental damage to cover this and they even admit they dont know why it broke. THERE WAS NO evidence to indicate that this was caused by the user. For all anyone knows this was a production flaw in the fan, no different then a chip on a motherboard failing that would be covered under our carepack. I could understand if there was external damage to the laptop to indcate the user caused this but there isnt. I'm outraged that HP is passing the buck on this, had I pushed the issue and made them send a tech onsite to replace the fan this wouldnt have been a issue and the laptop would have been running 4 days ago.  Instead I'm held hostage till I decide how much I want to shell out.

Jason Nicholson

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I purchased a HP laptop and a three year extended warranty onsite with accidental damage and virus/malware support and HP refusing to honor it for the software and virus/malware part.The Smart friend dept. keeps trying to make me pay for help even though I have already paid for it!!!  Getting nothing but the runaround about it even through the case manager. He keeps saying he will have to look into it and call me back.  How many days does it take to verify the documentation that I sent.  I have the care pack extended warranty documentation that they sent me showing I clearly have that protection...so I guess I will have to get an Attorney to handle it and sue them.I have even sent them via email the proof and they still are giving me the runaround!  Its a scam and a waste of time, money and not to mention all the stress and aggravation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,250 7,081 142 476
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BJ128

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation