Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought a brand new HP Zbook 15v G5 laptop with the intent of using it for 3D visualisation programms. At the very start I noticed that the fans were ofen very loud but I didn't mind it as long as they kept my laptop cool.

Around half a year into using my laptop I have noticed that those fans are loud because they are having to work really hard since the laptop is heating like crazy. That is when I installed a temperature- measuring app to check which parts are heating up and to which degree. The app showed that the CPU was heating to 90°C and over while the laptop was just turned on and nothing was being done on it ( no programms running in the background and similar). Around this time, the blue screen started appearing after the CPU would become boiling hot, with many different stop codes but one was most common: memory_management.

As I saw that I called HP and told them about the problem and how I would like to get my laptop checked by someone because I think there must be an overheating problem. They told me they can't check my laptop, but essencially, just sell me the parts that I think might be faulty and that is all they can do. I asked: How can I know what exactly is an issue without an expert taking  a look?! And to that the person on the phone said to find some local tech shop and ask them there. (I thought that the laptop shouldnt be opened by anyone but the official service???) I also explained about not knowing how the blue screen code memory management and cpu unit overheating are connected and the person on the phone just brushed the blue screen problem off as something that happens..... 

It is so dissappointing to experience this, since the laptop is always standing on a metal holder, I don't leave it running the whole day,  and the worst part is that I haven't even been using those rendering programms that I bought the laptop for... So in general I tried to take a good care of it and have experienced a problem so soon.

Now is around 20 months into me owning this HP ZBook and I can' t be more dissappointed. I got the laptop checked by some guys in a tech shop in the meantime and they could not find any other issue with the laptop's hardware but that the motherboard came faulty from the factory.

So here we are today, after hours and hours on the HP people on the phone, multiple check ups by the techs, the issue was most probably the whole time there and HP was of no help what so ever. I can't do almost anything on the laptop without having it crash and the blue screen appearing all the time.. I'd say twice an hour..

The motherboard is too expensive to replace and is probably too risky of a job to do, and the CPU heats up to 80°C 30 seconds after start up.

If I have learned anything from this whole experience, that is to never buy a HP laptop again. Apart from their obviously faulty parts, the customer service is of no help. That is why I am writing over here, maybe someone has had a similar problem, or is going to see this and not buy the laptop themselves. 

Cheers

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.