Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I've already given my details 3 or 4 times to HP reps and STILL waiting for action. I've given up being compliant and it's about time HP did their part on my active case as I'm about to seek out assistance from consumer affairs at a civil legal level since there's been no further progression on my case.

HP Recommended

Same for me. I cannot tell you how often I gave the same details to HP within the last 4 months.

Also it's strange that they wanted to say some things only on the phone and not by Email.

I've sent my device to the dealer yesterday and if that is done, I will inform the customs authority because these devices are dangerous.

HP Recommended

New BIOS, F.19. Maybe it changed/fixed anything?

HP Recommended

BIOS update did nothing for mine. In the end it cooked itself. HP agreed to refund in order to get something else and I ordered a Spectre of the same type. 2 weeks was supposed to be the lead/delivery time. After 4 weeks I gave up on HP being able to do anything right and just went with an MS Surface Book Pro 2. It's disappointing as my HP server from days gone by (Proliant Gen6??) was a great box.

The Surface Book is kicking the ass out of the Envy for power and ability already (owned it for around 24hrs). It's responsive, I actually managed to play Ark on it with some decent graphics settings (bloody Envy wouldn't even play Minecraft Vanilla it was that pathetic) and WOW OMFG IT IS LIGHT!!! The weight in the entire SB is impressively low but when disconnected and just in tablet form my 15" Surface "tablet" is lighter than the mrs' Samsung S4. I used to hate holding the Envy in folded mode laying in the hammock trying to read something.

I'll miss the numberpad to the right and dedicated home/end buttons but beyond that ... 3 strikes HP (had to fix a friends HP laptop and it was **bleep** of a thing to deal with), you're out.

HP Recommended

Because HP and Flex(tronics) don't have any motivation to fix their dangerous overheating devices, I've fulfilled my promise to them yesterday and wrote an Email to the German customs authority.

Let's see if they are more interested in devices with a faked CE logo that can burn down your house or might explode on your next flight.

Also I've returned my device to the dealer, that could confirm the problems after 5 weeks of intense testing and paid me back the full price of the device.

Never ever HP again!

HP Recommended

Went for warranty repair and returned faulty so their techs are lazy or useless. After shaming them publicly they agreed to refund. Ordered Spectre figuring never AMD in a mobile device again. Lead time of 2 weeks for spectre had me at 4 weeks saying no, enough is enough and obviously HP is a group of useless has beens now, cancelled the order and paid the extra for an MS Surface Book 2 15" 16/512/gtx1060 whilst on special. The surface book can even play ark when the **bleep**ty Envy couldn't even play Minecraft 5 minutes without throwing a heat warning and burning you.

Never again HP. And never a mobile AMD again either (desktop may be ok since it has the space to vent).

HP Recommended

@TaziDevil

Welcome to HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Problem is not the Ryzen CPU, it's the Envys Firmware/BIOS.

There never will be a fix because Flex and HP never had any Interest in fixing the issues.

The thousands of “always the same“ support messages starting with “I have brought your issue to the attention...“ here also are only a placebo support.

Had this for 5 months now and Im done with HP and Flex.

HP Recommended

Yep Shildzilla my issue here with HP (first and last interaction with them) has shown their TRUE colours. I miss Toshiba (100% Toshiba till they bowed out) but I'm still super happy with the surface book and it's worth the extra money (just going to miss the numberpad on the kb).

It's a shame as the Proliant server we have here (obtained 2nd hand some years ago - also decommissioned 3-4 maybe years ago in leau of Office365 For Biz was a bloody brilliant little machine and not near as loud as the Dell PE's we had. It's only issue was lack of ram but that was just me not having the money at the time to sink into ram. I think if we ever go back into onprem servers it'll be Dell's with decent ram and processor cores to virtualise (and STILL SBS2008 for the main server system lol). This episode with HP has REALLY soured me off their EVERYTHING.

HP Recommended

I'm happy to announce that that there are very good news for this topic.

I have contacted the customs authority of Germany and they told me to contact the Market surveillance authority.

I did so and they gave me feedback today, that they will now start the investigation of the devices.

This would not have been necessary, if HP and Flex(tronics) had taken my and other customers warnings serious in the last months.

I hope this will help some people in the future to return their faulty devices and prove there is a serious overheating and standby issue.

I'm already done with that devices and returned mine. My dealer checked the device for 5 weeks and then paid back the money without any discussion.

At least one company with professional service technicians, wich realized there's something wrong and wich are not trying to say I'm stupid, because 95°C for a laptop is normal and everything is fine.

I will cooperate with the authority even if I'm not an owner of that device series anymore.

I still have some proofs online and also locally saved.

I know most people are too lazy to do something by theirself, but: Everyone with the same problem should also post here with details to help prove a general model series problem.

You wouldn't change things by just reading.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.